Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Good TV

I don't know if I just haven't watched a lot of TV over the past couple of years or if TV really has sucked but recently I've found so many new shows that I like!
 
Bates Motel (A&E)

This show had its pilot season this Spring and it did very well. The writing and acting are superb and I feel like there are so many places that the storyline could go, I am very excited to see what they come up with in the next season. If you haven't had a chance to check it out you definitely should it was a short 10 episode season so it won't take too long to catch up before season 2!
 
Graceland (USA)

 
Yes, another cop drama...but it's not what you think. This show is funny, the writing is witty and they have a good storyline going and the actors are all very good. I know what you're thinking, "She just likes Aaron Tveit.". Yes, I do and that is what originally drew me to this show but the show itself really got me hooked. It is a refreshing new show to watch this summer while everything else is boring and underdeveloped. Watch it Thursdays at 10pm on USA. Only a few episodes have aired so you can still catch up!
 
 Under the Dome (CBS)
 
Now, I haven't read the novel but it seems like a lot of people who have are very upset about the changes between it and the series. I like the series, Stephen King had a hand in the changes that were made and that should be enough for the complainers. Anyhow, I really like this show so far (there have only been two episodes) I really like the concept and I feel like there are lot of places that the plot could go. This is the first non-reality show on CBS that has been pretty decent in a while. I am excited about it's potential. Check it out Mondays at 10pm on CBS.
 
 
 
These are the only new shows I've checked out so far. I've been told that Nashville was pretty good as well but I will have to wait until the first season is released on DVD to watch it. The only other new show that I checked out was Hannibal, I feel like the show had so much potential but was really lacking compared to it's competition. I stopped watching after a couple of episodes.
 
If anyone knows of any other new shows that are good let me know! I have been staying in a lot more to save money which means more time for TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment