Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Working On My Fitness

One of my current goals is to get in excellent shape. I want to have a killer body. In high school I took for granted what I had...a high metabolism. I could eat 7-11 hot dogs and pizza bread and I would still be thin and fit. I didn't work out too much. I danced from age 3 to age 12. I played softball throughout middle school. In high school I was a cheerleader for a very short time but really in junior and senior year I wasn't all too active other than a gym class or two and the dancing I did for the musicals.

Still somehow I ate a ton and still looked great. Then college happened. I had no exercise other than walking to class and sporadic trips to the gym. Yeah that freshman 15 got me. Then I was in a relationship for just shy of four years and got really comfortable and towards the end of that relationship I realized "Holy Hell, I got fat." Now I wasn't "fat" as you would stereotypically categorize someone but for my size and shape and compared to anything I had been in the past, I was fat.

I went through a short time when I decided "I'm going to be a vegetarian!" Yeah I quickly changed my mind. I love meat. I can't go without it and the fake meat stuff is nasty.

As Denis Leary said:
I tried eating vegetarian. I feel like a wimp going into a restaurant. "What do you want to eat sir? Broccoli?" Broccoli's a side dish, folks. Always was, always will be, okay? When they ask me what I want, I say, "What do you think I want!? This is America. I want a bowl of raw red meat right now. Forget about that. Bring me a live cow over to the table. I'll carve off what I want and ride the rest home!"

and he also said:
Because not eating meat is a decision. Eating meat is an instinct! Yeah, and I know what it's about. "I don't want to eat the meat because I love the animals. I love the animals." Hey, I love the animals too. I love my doggy. He's so cute. My fluffy little dog, he's so cute... There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the fucking truck, okay pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer fucking cousin, get on the fucking truck, pal!"

God, I love Denis Leary.

Anyway, I can't do the vegetarian/vegan thing. I have boosted my metabolism with the use of green tea pills that is how I initially lost my weight and have worked hard with exercise and portion control to keep it off. I will rarely take the green tea pills now since my body isn't used to the caffeine and freaks out.

I have struggled with my weight for a while. Between 2007 and 2012 it has yo-yo'd quite a bit.

2008 vs 2010:
 
 
 2009 vs 2012:
 
I've been doing pretty well at maintaining myself. I am working really hard and I hope it continues to pay off. I want to be the person someone looks at and goes "I want a body like that!" I don't want to be lollipop-head skinny, that isn't attractive. Your thighs should not be the size of my calves. It's gross.
 
I like my curves, I like having a big butt, I like having hips and boobs I just want to tighten up.
 
 
I want to be fit. Like this only more toned:
 
That was me at the end of September before the Warrior Dash. I still generally look like that just a tiny bit softer and squishier. Hey, here in Michigan you have to put on weight like a polar bear to stay warm in the winter! (another good reason to move someplace warmer)
 
I have a lot of motivation to get fit and stay that way with my career choice and my best friend's wedding coming up. I think it may be easier to stay on track if I document my progress, so I will update here as needed.
 
Wish me luck!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment