Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

So many changes!!

Well I didn't exactly lie when I said that I would start updating more. I've just been super busy making shotgun changes in my life.

First off, I'm moving to Los Angeles. That change isn't exactly new. I made that decision a few months ago but that did prompt the other recent changes.

My original plan was to move out of my apartment when my lease was up on May 31st and move into a place less expensive to help me save money. Well I started going through mt finances and checking out websites on tips for moving to LA and being the anxiety-ridden worrier that I am, I started to freak out that I wasn't going to be able to save up enough money.

I don't know what my job situation is going to be like when I move out there. My plan is to start looking for a job in about 6 months. Ideally, I would like to be able to keep my current job and work remotely out there, if that is an option. But I'm really not sure so I want to save up as much as possible so if in a year from now I don't have a job lined up yet I want to have enough of a pad in my bank account so that I can actually survive out there until I can get a job of some sort.

That being said, I planned out how much I can save from now until next June with the cheaper apartment and other bills I was going to cut down on and I didn't feel comfortable with the amount I was going to be able to save up.

So naturally I freaked out and called my mom stressing. I then in the heat of the moment asked her if it would be a possibility for me to live with her and my dad so I could save more. My parents agreed as long as it wasn't a permanent move.

I have been living on my own, away from my parents for the past 6 years and living alone without a roommate for about two and a half. Moving home doesn't exactly appeal to me. I love my parents but I feel like it is a step backwards, a Redford curse if you will for people my age to be living at home going nowhere. The only difference is that this is a step for me to go in the right direction, to make it possible for me to personally be happy and get out of this state.

Don't get me wrong, I love Michigan but honestly, there isn't anything here for me. And in order for me to feel personally fulfilled and have a chance at a happy life, I need to do this. Plus it will get rid of my least favorite thing about Michigan...winter!

So I have cancelled the lease on the apartment I was going to move into and since moved into my parent's house. I am paying them a small rent but still saving $545+ per month since I don't have utilities other than my car insurance and cell phone bill.

It will give me a nice cushion for when I make "the big move" in 6-12 months.

Now all I have to stress about is the job situation, the living/roommate situation once I get to LA and building up my resume in the meantime. More to come on all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment