Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not much longer...

Well, I am still working on the top ten lists that I promised I would make up for movie genres. And let me tell you... it has been a lot harder than I anticipated it to be!! There are so many movies that I have seen and that I like, but to pick my FAVORITES from each genre is very difficult. Slowly but surely I am making it through and will deliver my lists to you fine people within the next week.

I will be posting my top ten favorite movies from each of these genres: Drama, Comedy, Romance, Musicals, Sci-fi/Fantasy, Action, Horror, Family and Thrillers. The "thriller" genre ended up being included because there were a few movies that didn't completely fit in other categories so my thriller genre consists of mystery/suspense thrillers, action thrillers (but not enough action to fit into the "action" genre) and creepy thrillers (but not creepy enough to be considered "horror").

How am I coming up with my top ten favorites from each category? Well, to make it on my list a movie has to be enjoyable and have the appeal to be watched over and over again without my getting sick of it. A lot of the movies aren't the best made films but they have personal connections in some way to my life. Whether they remind me of occurrences that have happened to me or if I have some sort of memory tied to them they may make it on my lists.

I am in no way claiming that these are the best movies of all time. I am just pointing out some of my favorite movies and why I like them, because one of my least favorite questions to be asked is "Becky, whats your favorite movie?". The answer to that is: I don't know!! I like lots of movies and it's hard to pick a favorite.So that's my little disclaimer.

The lists will be delivered soon. Promise.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the lists, but you don't have to rush on them for my sake. You already left a pretty big mark on my Netflix queue with the last one.

    Also, I find it funny how we both get stressed when people ask about our favorite movies. I get a lot of blank looks when I try to explain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i know! people are like "its an easy question" and i'm like "no, its not.". i doubt any of the films that i list will be ones you're unfamiliar with, they're not obscure to say the least, pretty normal actually, but anyway i'm glad someone is excited to read them lol

    ReplyDelete