Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Windows 7... you are not my friend right now!

Tomorrow will be my last day of Spring Break. I have the day off today and I had a list of things that I needed to do that I couldn't do earlier on in the week such as grocery shopping, hair cut, work out and write a short essay.

Well I finally got my bridge card reactivated after having to deal with an immense number of problems with the DHS Office. So since I actually have food money I was going to go grocery shopping. I found some coupons online for some of the items that I usually get and I was going to print them off. One problem: Since I bought my new laptop I hadn't installed my old printer on it yet.

Doesn't seem like too huge of a problem right? I didn't think so either until I plugged it in and it failed while attempting to install. I did some research online and found out that I needed to install a driver on my computer to get the printer to install on Windows 7, my printer doesn't have a driver for windows 7 but it has one for Vista so they wanted me to run in compatibility mode and yadda yadda yadda...

ANYWAY bottom line: IT DIDN'T WORK! Its not such a big deal for the coupon thing but I need to be able to print at home (b/c its free and convenient) for class assignments. I still have ink and all that crap for my old printer but now it looks like I need to go out and buy a new printer. I'm so mad!!

If anyone reads this who is computer software savvy could you please help me out with my compatibility issue... I need advice and don't want to waste money on a new printer. :(

4 comments:

  1. Windows is a son of a whore, but there might be a solution to your printer trouble. Companies that make printers usually have drivers for free on their websites. Just search the printer name and Windows 7 and you should be able to find it.

    If that doesn't work, I... mIGHt have an old printer around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I went to the Dell site and dl the driver but for some reason my computer won't let me install it... lame

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! SUCCESS! I finally got it to work. I had to update my version of Java, restart my computer and voila! Printer installed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You can knock one thing off of your to-do list.

    ReplyDelete